This time last year I was tapering. And here I am doing it again. With only 1 1/2 weeks to go until Carlsbad it’s time to reflect back on twenty-12 and figure out just what the heck I am going to do with myself in twenty-13 (besides the obvious like fill up my DVR with guilty pleasures).
Ran: 1,618 miles. Short of the goal I had set, but still an awesome accomplishment. Not sure when I found time (mostly before sunrise) but it happened.
* Had my first DNF. Learned a lot from this race.
* Ran an Ultra Relay with girls who are now my best friends 🙂
* Finally found shoes that work for me and have been injury free ever since! Dear Brooks, I heart you and your Pure line.
* We moved to a new city and rented out our little place. (Don’t you love how I make it sound like we ventured far away?)
* Had a successful business year (although at times I felt royally defeated)
* My oldest started Kinder, finished his first season of pony league baseball and reminded me daily that he rules the world
* My littlest continued her efforts to become a real life “mermaid” or “princess.” She started pre-k, and attempted to get me to sign her up for dance, gymnastics, soccer and softball. Ha! I love that she wants to do everything. She does not love that I make her choose one activity at a time.
* We learned that my MIL was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. This was the hardest part of 2012. She is an inspiration and a warrior. I look up to her more than she probably knows. She is still fighting this awful disease and we will not stop praying that she will be healed.
* Spent more time with family and friends. That was the best part of this year. Making time to see each other is HUGE!
So what’s the haps for 2013? Set a goal to run a zillion miles? PR in life? I’ve decided upon no mileage/workout resolutions this year. I bust my hiney every dang day. Period. Hard work + dedication = life change that I committed to 3 years ago.
(#BCOD = Buttcrack of dawn. You all know that’s when I do the most work.)
Plans for Twenty-13:
* Stay injury free, explore new places and have fun. No pressure, just good times 🙂 Motivate people to move their feet!
* Races- my schedule is pending. Nothing like waiting til the last minute to register!
* Continue to pray for MIL and be an advocate for her. Cancer sucks.
* Do work. On the job and in life. I want to be present for everyone I come in contact with. That means for you to. Yes you reading this 🙂
* Read the bible from cover to cover and do my best to be a good and faithful servant.
* Work hard/Play hard. Bring on vacation! Life is short so we are going to do some exploring 🙂 WOOOHOOOO!!
Pretty simple eh? I like things that way. Overprogramming is not my gig.
OK, I’m off to go over my training plan for the next couple weeks!
Did you make any resolutions for 2013?