I have a confession. Waking up at 4:15 a.m. to go run can be hard. Yes I have days where I am up and at ’em.Then there are the days that are really freaking tough. This morning the alarm went off and instead of getting up I went back to sleep. And it felt good. An unplanned rest day can be so very sweet.
In knowing that the butt-crack of dawn is usually my only option when it comes to weekday running, I have to plan accordingly. If you are like me and have a hectic schedule (work, family, awesomeness) you may want to hop on board the early train. I know what you’re thinking, “That’s crazy, its way too early.” Puh-lease. It’s simple. If you want to run or workout you make time for it. Make time for your health! It will change your life.
Here is how I roll:
- Lay out clothes, socks and shoes the night before
- Fill up water bottle and put it in the fridge. Pull it out when I wake up and my water is the perfect temperature by the time I need it
- Place gym bag by the door with towel, iPod, and all other necessities in it
- Pack lunch(es) the night before. This gives saves time when I get home
- Prepare coffee pot the night before
- Go to bed EARLY. Sleep = a good run/workout
Once I am up I am good to go. I love watching the sunrise. It’s peaceful and everything in the world just seems good. I love getting the miles in and having the rest of the day ahead of me.
Are you an early bird or a night owl?
Post on hip/glute strengthening and stretching is coming! I bet my hubby is so very excited to video for me tonight. Hope you all are ready to laugh your butts off. Then I guess you wouldn’t need to strengthen it, right? WIN WIN.